Selling on Facebook : What it is and how to activate it
Social networks are no longer a simple channel to share your vacation photos or spy on the life of a famous person: today they are a powerful tool to make sales of your brand. Here we focus on the Facebook store , come on! In this article we tell you everything about this platform within […]
Social networks are no longer a simple channel to share your vacation photos or spy on the life of a famous person: today they are a powerful tool to make sales of your brand. Here we focus on the Facebook store , come on!
In this article we tell you everything about this platform within the social network and how it can help you increase your billing.
What is the store on Facebook? How to begin selling on Facebook
The Facebook store (or Facebook Shops) is a simplified version of your e-commerce that you can activate within the Instagram and/or Facebook applications.
It is ideal for merchants and retailers who want to reach more people on this social network. In addition, it is a totally free tool and no commission is charged for the profits you have through it.
What is the use of creating the store?
The Facebook store is a virtual storefront, just like your online store! Only in this case, the exposure of your products is more immediate since the user who is browsing the social networks will be able to immediately see the products that you sell online. In addition, it is an ideal online sales channel for special dates such as Cyber Monday and Hot Sale .
Once the user has seen the product in the Facebook store, liked it and wants to buy it, they can click on it and they will be redirected directly to your online store to complete the purchase . Yes, it’s that easy!
Next, we share the main features of the Facebook store so that you can appreciate its advantages and take it as an ally of your e-commerce!
- Add products and information about them: you can upload photos and descriptions of all the items you sell in your e-commerce. Remember to choose excellent product photographs to highlight its qualities and to achieve more sales.
- Curate and customize your store’s product inventory – You can divide products into different collections to make it easier for customers to browse your store.
- Communicate with customers directly from your Page – Customers can browse your Page and message you to learn more and make purchases.
- Get statistics about your products : Depending on the type of store you have, you can check how many messages or views you received for each product. Also, you will be able to see the views, clicks and purchases of each product.
How to create the store on Facebook in 4 steps
1. Show the “Shop” section
In the Settings panel, look for the “Templates and tabs” option to change the template of your page to the purchase one. This way you will access new tabs and default buttons for each type of business (for example, the template for “Restaurants and cafeterias”).
2. Set up the page template
By selecting the template that corresponds to your type of business, the “Shop” tab will now be visible. Among those options, these are the ones that will allow you to display products:
- Sales: focused on publishing articles and images.
- Services: aimed at putting the supplier in contact with the client.
3. Set up your store
Here the first thing is to decide what will happen when the user clicks on one of your products (example – say someone clicks on your ad for fishnets sale), at the moment, Facebook allows you to send the customer to your e-commerce to complete the payment process there, or open a chat with the possibility of adding details and closing the sale.
The next step will be to define the currency of your prices.
4. Add a description
We are almost done! Before starting with the loading of products, what you have to do here is to generate the description of the store. The tone and voice of this text will have to do with the branding of your business.
Here our advice is to be clear and direct with what you sell and how this can help users who are getting to know your brand.
How to activate the store on Facebook?
We share two super complete and updated tutorials for you to start selling through Facebook :
– How to activate the store on Facebook and generate your product catalog
– How to add collections in the Facebook and Instagram store
If you don’t have a CloudShop, you can contact Facebook Help Center directly so they can guide you through setting up your Facebook store.🙂
Do you already have your Facebook store ready and want to boost it even more? Then this content is for you: